perjantai 3. lokakuuta 2008

An interesting ride

Hello everyone,or cześć,how we say here in Poland.For the ones who don’t know me i am Gianni,an italian medical student close to his degree who decided to spend one year in Warsaw.There are various reasons that took me here,and one of these is to get a life experience far from home,and since i am used to travel a lot(i am engaged to a finnish girl) and speaking english comes natural,this sounded like an obliged choice.I came here 10 days ago,but for some technical(???!!) problems i was able to get my connection only today,and really i don’t know where to start to tell you my first experiences in this land.When i came here the first minutes were tragical,the airport Chopin(yes,he is polish) looked just like a hockey arena,i was waiting to hear at every second one of those songs they put in a loudspeaker during a game!!!Then i realized an important detail….Here it’s hard to find people who speak english,of course there are,and mainly young ones are good at it,but it’s not possible to make yourself clear nor understand stuff everywhere.During the lift home the driver thaught me an important lesson.We were passing by the most important building here in town(or at least one of them,sorry if i am incorrect but i still have to learn a lot about Warsaw),the Palace of Culture and the driver told me that’s a controversial place,a lot of warsawians like it,in fact you can enjoy a great view from the top of it in sunny days,but at the same time a lot of people here make fun of it or in general dislike it(u may have a look at it if you have time for googleing).And why is it like this??The answer is easy,it was buildt by Russians and that’s THE SYMBLE of russian domination here,so it’s easy to understand what that building represents for polish pride.By the way i agree with both views,i mean looking at it i have to say it is beautiful and eye catching but of course knowing its story and its reason to exsist makes me change my mind,because traveling a lot thaught me to respect every country and its patriottism.After the interesting ride and a generous italian dinner(ok i know i may sound a little pathetical but i have an italian restaurant just around the corner) i went to sleep destroyed and happy.Do widzenia!!

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Ahhh, I wanted to be the first to leave a comment here:-) And I think I made it:-D

It will be interesting to follow your adventure in the written form, too!

Kisses and lots of warm hugs (even if I think it's colder here!)

Piccolina

Il Cerro kirjoitti...

Grande GIANNI!!!...Il diario polacco...Fantastico...